An additional step must be taken when installing on Vista that is not necessary on other versions of Microsoft Windows. Due to the UAC (User Access Control) in Windows Vista, install actions that require administrative privileges can be blocked. Since our product installs require administrative permissions, there will be problems in Vista if the UAC is NOT OFF. Before installing BizzWizz you must ' Turn Off ' the UAC within Vista, and then run the installer normally. After you install Bizz Wizz, DO NOT enable UAC again.
If you do not know how to disable the UAC in Vista, please follow the steps below:
1) Be sure that you are logged into an account that has administrative permissions. Administrative permissions are required for the product installs to complete successfully.
2) Go to the start menu and select “control panel.” This option should appear in the right column of the start menu.
3) Open “User Accounts” from the control panel. This will display options to make changes to your user account under the heading “Make changes to your user account.”
4) Click the “Turn User Account Control on or off” option.
5) You will receive a dialog prompt, like the one below, asking for your permission to continue. Click the Continue dialog button to proceed.
6) Now, the “Turn User Account Control On or Off”
window will be displayed. There is a checkbox below the window text with the
“Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer.” If this box is checked, click the box to uncheck it. Select the Ok button.
7) You will be prompted to Restart your computer for the change to take effect. Restart when you are ready, then run Bizz Wizz Setup.